Questions

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Presenter 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Participant
    Participant

Thank you for your presentation. I have got a few questions:
    – Do you plan to implement 802.11af/ah functionality in future? If so, when do you think you will release such features?
    – In Fig. 4, do you have an explanation why the second-to-last MCS hardly provides a coding gain over the last MCS, even though it has lower spectral efficiency?
    – In Fig.8, can you please explain why the BER goes to 1 at low SNR for the high MCSs? I would expect the BER going to 1/2, i.e., random output of 0 and 1.
    Thanks!

Presenter
    Participant

Thank You very much for your qustions. I’ll try to answer them.
    Ad 1) We would like to implement 802.11af/ah functionality as soon as possible, no later than the end of this year.
    Ad 2) If I caught rightly, what do you mean, yes, there are differences between results presented in Fig. 4 (hard-output demodulation) and Fig. 5 (soft-output demodulation). In Fig. 4, MCS6 and MCS7 curves throughput, rise at the same SNR values with similar slopes. I think that it is caused due to non-equidistatnt BER to SNR mapping (according to used MCS) in the case of hard-output demodulation (if we compare it with Figs. 5, 6 and 7). We will try to check this comment and optimize the model if necessary.
    Ad 3) This curve shape was obtained by simulations. We think, it is caused by used type of LDPC decoder implementation. The LDPC codec optimization process is currently under development (presented implementation was created according to IEEE 802.11-2012 standard with using of built-in MATLAB functions). Now, we try to implement the LDPC codec with better accuracy and setting possibilities.

If you want, we can discuss more via my email: milos@feec.vutbr.cz

Thank You again for your answers.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.